In an economic climate that remains challenging, setting and controlling budgets and managing your cash flow effectively is even more important than ever.
Budgeting goes far beyond knowing how much money is available, allocating funds and keeping track of expenditure.
Independent schools also need to look at a much bigger picture that takes into account short, medium and long-term goals and objectives as well as ongoing costs and commitments. By working in this way, independent schools can put in place sustainable budgets and financial plans designed to achieve their desired goals.
At Haslers, our education team will work with you to explore in detail your likely income and expenditure and draw up budgets to match resource allocation to your priorities and development plan, working within realistic parameters.
- Budget planning and preparation
- Reporting against budgets
- Cash flow forecasting
- Preparation and interpretation of monthly or quarterly management accounts
- Recommendations for suitable or more effective accounting software to support budget planning and monitoring
- Advice on improving existing financial systems and controls and implementing chances
- VAT and taxation advice
- Analysis of fixed costs to identify opportunities for financial efficiencies
- Year end compliance reporting
To find out more about Haslers’ East London and Essex-based accountancy and tax services for academies, free schools and independent schools, please contact us.