As academies and free schools become established, their in-house teams become more experienced in their roles.
As a result, they may find they need professional advisors who can provide more specialist or higher level services than those they appointed at the start of their academy or free school journey.
As commercially minded organisations that control substantial budgets, academies and free schools also look to gain maximum value from their funding, in order to focus resources on their key objective of achieving educational excellence.
At Haslers accountants in East London and Essex, we recognise that academies and free schools have specific accountancy, audit and business advisory needs and have developed a suite of cost-effective services tailored to their needs.
Our education specialists will tailor their advice to your specific needs, providing as much or as little support as you require, through cost-effective services including:
- advice on and assistance with reporting and returns to the Education Funding Agency
- preparing annual accounts compliant with the Charities SORP and the Companies Act
- auditing financial year end statements
- advice on and design of accounting packages and financial controls
- advice on accounting software
- preparing and interpreting management accounts
- assisting with budgeting and financial forecasting
- treasury management
- advice on VAT issues, including registration and reclaiming VAT
- corporation tax issues arising from commercial and community activities
- company secretarial services
- guidance and support for governors
- responsible officer
- Accounting for Academies workshops and other financial training
- HR advice.
To find out more about Haslers’ East London and Essex-based accountancy and tax services for academies, free schools and independent schools, please contact us.